26 April 2006

Salsa! Salsa!

Katherine once told me that she thought she might be a gypsy in her previous life. That makes me think of what I might be in my previous life? I pondered, then I came up an answer...I might be a Latino!


Since I learned a little bit salsa and merengue from Daniela and Lorena in 2004, I found I am in love with the Latino music and dancing. After that, Learning latino dance is definitely in my to-do list.


Until this year, my latino year has really come! My first inspiration is the movie "Mad Hot Ballroom". When I watch the children, I can feel the pure passion and motivation from the progress of learning ballroom dance. So what am I waiting for? Life is short; I have to try once for myself or how would I know I can't?


Katherine and I sign up a salsa class in TMU. We've already taken the first class last week, and it was fantastic! I feel more confident after learning new steps and dance with all the salsa lovers in class.


Right now, I practice for one hour everyday at home and try to find some salsa videos to learn from the experienced salsa dancer. I am so excited about the class this week. Hope I will dance in the beautiful dress and shoes at the ballroom when i finish the class! It's my dream!

No comments: